Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Microwave Cauli Pizza Crust...tried it, LOVED it!

I have a TON of food pics and recipes to get caught up on here...so let's get at it!

Ok, so I refuse to use my oven during the spring/summer hotness, and I was curious about how the heck am I going to continue to make my cauli pizza crusts...

So I tried it out, and it came out just as I had hoped!

Recipe:

  • Half a head of Cauliflower, grated/food processor-ed
  • To that, add 1 Egg
  • 1/2 cup of Mozzarella(I also add a bit of Parmesan because I looooove it)
  • Seasonings of choice, mine include: Oregano, Salt, Pepper, Garlic
  • Mix all together in a bowl
  • Spray or oil the microwaveable plate that this will be cooked on
  • 'Plop' mixture onto plate and smooth down into an even, rounded shape
  • Cook on high for about 8 minutes, at that point, check to see if the sides and middle are starting to appear dry and formed.  If not, cook another 2 minutes until this occurs.  (I think mine took 10 minutes for this to occur.)
  • Grab some potholders, and pull plate out of microwave, and slap on the toppings. 
  • Place back in microwave and cook for about another 2-3 minutes until cheese is melty.  Yes, melty, it's a word...at least on my blog it is :)
  • Let sit to cool and set for a few minutes, and then slice away and eat!
Picture from the very first time I tried it in the microwave(my pepperoni was trying to make an escape). I love how it actually stays together like a slice!

1 comment:

  1. I loved as much as yоu will гeсеiѵe сarried out right here.

    Thе sketch іs attractive, yοur аuthored mаteriаl stylish.
    nonetheless, yοu commanԁ get bought an еdginesѕ over that уou wish be delіvering the
    fοllowіng. unwell unquestionably сome furthег foгmerly agaіn ѕince exactlу the same nearly vеry often inѕide сase
    you shiеld this hike.

    Alsо viѕit my site hcg diet

    ReplyDelete