Saturday, May 31, 2014

ROTD! (recipes, by me, "of the day!") Almond Flour Pancakes

Gluten Free, Low Carb Pancakes!

1.5 cups almond flour
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
 1/3 cup of water

Then add any of the following:
Blueberries
1 scoop of protein powder
Strawberries
Cinnamon (I am a huge fan of vanilla and cinnamon pancakes)

For a carbier pancake:
Bananas
Oats
Whatever your heart desires!

Whisk eggs, add vanilla, and water.  Once mixed, put in almond flour (and protein powder if you choose).   Mix together, then fold in any of the add in's.  Obviously, cinnamon could be added at the same time as almond flour and/or protein powder.

I think these pancakes could out perfectly for the likes of our household.  Not super fluffy, but definitely satisfies the need for pancakes.  I have even make them to hold a fried egg and bacon in between them for a breakfast sandwich.  Which, sound pretty good right now I may add.


No comments:

Post a Comment