Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Professing my love of whey protein isolate powder...


I spent much time last week researching a good protein powder to buy, that encompasses all things I was looking for...that being: gluten free, low carb, no crazy additives, and not nasty tasting. I had made a firm decision to order a certain brand via an online store, when in chatting with my super fit, health enthusiast, co-worker Kristi about my choice where she recommended I try this certain brand that is made locally and sold at a local grocery chain. The next day I went to scope it out.

I was stunned! It was everything I wanted, and more! *cue sappy music...haha*. Was cheaper by weight than what I was going to spend, no shipping fees, no gluten, no crazy additives like creatine or chromium, has added amino acids, 22 grams of protein per scoop, and sweetened with Stevia so it has less than 1 carb per scoop, AND it's made locally! Buying local is such a better choice!

Okay, so the outside was pleasing, but was the inside going to be? Proof positive, I've been drinking a shake every morning for breakfast, sometimes again at night for dinner, and the kiddo even asks for a little bit when I blend some. Soooo good. The big dose of protein helps to keep me from getting snacky in the morning, and it's super easy to throw together in the blender.

Typically, I blend 8oz water, splash of cream, 1 scoop vanilla flavored powder, 2 drops vanilla extract( I'm a sucker for vanilla!)...makes the perfect amount.

Excited to try some other flavors and use it to made LC ice cream or pudding too!! It's such a nice addition to low carb life, feel like I've opened up another option for meals and foods!

2 comments:

  1. Whey protein isolate powder provides a sufficient sum of protein that is necessary to the body's muscle tissue particularly on events that call for great strength and energy and demands a full protein intake such as weightlifting and physique workout. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true that if you want build up your muscle, more active and energetic, whey protein isolate powder is the best way to do such a things. Thanks for sharing an important product among the users.

    ReplyDelete