Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day one of Amino Acid Supps...

After finishing reading The Diet Cure, I felt confident, and curious enough, to see if what they propose works.

I have plenty of proof in the fact that they run addiction recovery centers that focus their treatment around amino acid supplement therapy, and it has been proof positive that it is successful.  Will it work any magic on me?

Here's why I'm taking them...

I've been depressed before, and was on anti-depressants for about 3 years. Now, I wouldn't say I'm in that same funk I was then, but I could certainly use a boost to keep me motivated and focused. I also have an addiction to diet soda/aspartame and carbs, obviously because they are they first things I want to grab when I'm having a bad day...can you say emotional eater much? I also have interrupted sleep, and often times can not fall back to sleep after a few hours, causing me to be tired during the day, relying more on my caffeine addiction.

Well, I want it all to stop, and perhaps this will help...

L-Tyrosine for mood stability, focus, appetite suppressant, and for PMS symptoms.

L-Glutamine to control sweets and caffeine cravings and level out mood.

L-Tryptophan to promote serotonin increase and better sleep.

Will update with my day one findings later!

No comments:

Post a Comment