Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Love/Hate relationship with grocery ad...

I LOVE perusing the grocery ads when they come out weekly to see what's on sale and to give me new menu ideas, but, I also harbor a deep seated hate for looking at them and seeing all the carby foods being so cheap and brightly packaged.

It's no wonder people eat carbs...they are cheap!  look fun! and are always fast and easy to make!  I mean steak can pretty much sell itself, but what does broccoli have?  You can't put it in a snappy lookin' package and sell it for 50cents.  It's expensive to eat healthy and it usually takes more time to prepare. How can you sell that, ya know?  Carby goods would certainly be more affordable in my budget, and make dinner time a bit quicker.  I was just remarking tonight how Low Carbing isn't quite as much fun when you're low on cash for groceries, and gotta make do until payday. 

BUT, the fact of the matter is that I have tried all the other diets out there, and reducing my carbs is the ONLY way I can lose and maintain a healthy weight and feel good.  So despite spending more money and spending more time cooking dinner I will do it, happily, everyday for the rest of my life because I have a desire to be thin, healthy, and set a good example to my daughter.  GO MEAT AND VEGGIES! :

Happy Tuesday! 

First, lemme post my foods for the day...
B: 1 egg fried in butter w/ spinach and mushrooms.
L: Bowl of fried cabbage.
S: 3 slices of Colby Cheese.
D: Big mixed greens salad w/ ranch, grilled chicken, cheddar cheese, cayenne
May do some SF Jello here in a bit if I feel snacky.
Liquids: Water, Green Tea, 2 diet sodas

No comments:

Post a Comment